Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Love Memory"-Commissioned Portrait

Love Memory
8 X 10"
oil on Wood board
Commissioned

  I did this commissioned portrait for Mrs. Willard referred by her husband's favorite photo which her father-in-law and their daughter were together on the beach at Cape Canavarel in Florida 22 years ago.  Her father-in-law recently passed away, she would like the focus to be more on them, but still show that they are on the beach. This painting will be a special gift for her husband and mother-in-law.
  So, here is my final work. I followed her request and did a few changes to make it more like a piece of art not just a photo copy. When I was painting, I focus on the lovely moment in this photo, the grandpa and the little girl's bright smiling faces really touched me, and brought back lots of my childhood memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment