Monday, October 8, 2012

"I Get Power!"--Beijing Cityscape Series

I Get Power!
8 x 6"
Oil on gessoed MDF board
Sold

  One day, I decided to take my husband and daughter visiting the old neighbourhood where I grew up. I haven't been back since year 2000.
  It is located in the 2nd. Ring Road of Beijing, right next to the famous Lama Temple-Yong'he Gong, because of the historical location, some of the streets--we call them 'Hutong' got well improvement, some of them are still not yet. I remembered the old Hutong were wider street than now, I was so amamzed by its crowded!  The power pole is hooked by bunches of wires and cables to ensure every residece within the area getting the power and phone lines, so when you look up the sky, it's been divided into many kinds of shapes.
The Lama Temple-Yong'he Gong


 The old street - Hutong





No comments:

Post a Comment